GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Sales Associate is responsible for prospecting, managing and bringing to closure new business opportunities within targeted regional Table Service accounts, Quick Service accounts, and other relevant retail industries in a Reseller territory.
As a member of the Reseller’s Sales Organization, objectives will be focused on winning new business and managing customer relationships. Performance will be measured by the individual’s ability to close new business with accounts.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales quotas
- Manage and publish regular status reports including pipeline reports and sales forecasts
- Sell products and services in alignment with Reseller’s goals and objectives
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Aloha/NCR products and services
- Identify and qualify new account opportunities
- Work with Reseller Sales Manager and NCR to structure winning solutions for challenging customer business problems
- Work in cooperation with NCR’s teams to ensure a cohesive “Unified NCR” approach with all customers and minimize conflict
- Work cross-functionally within organization to ensure all aspects of the Reseller business work together for best results for the company and customers
- Position Aloha/NCR against competition
- Deliver presentations, proposals, and RFI/RFP responses
- Structure mutually beneficial financial relationships
- Other job related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Formal education level:
- BS– Business/Finance/Accounting/Technical (preferred)
- Previous training or certification in the food service industry or a related technology field strongly preferred.
Specific skills & proficiency level:
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Objectivity and ability to make sound decisions
- Aptitude to learn quickly and perform well under pressure
- Ability to work independently yet within company guidelines
- High level of integrity, confidentiality and professional maturity
- Business acumen and analytical skills
- Minimum 2 years experience in Sales and/or Marketing positions with emphasis on prospecting, qualifying, and closing new business.
- Restaurant operations or restaurant management experience preferred.
- 1-year experience with complex software and hardware solutions and professional services or prior experience in the POS industry
- Highly motivated and driven to succeed.